Skybus Ballooning Full Terms and Conditions
- All purchases of a voucher for a hot air balloon flight experience must be made on our standard single or group booking forms or via our secure online web page.
- This contract is made with you but you can give it (the voucher) to someone else provided you tell us in writing (or as detailed on our booking form under Passenger section). These Terms and Conditions will still apply and “you” in the rest of these Terms and Conditions will refer to that person, i.e. the holder of any voucher or passenger.
- It is our intention that all the terms of the contract between us are contained in these Terms and Conditions and in the brochures and associated documents (if any) issued by us. If you wish to rely on any variation in these you should ensure that we agree the variations in writing when the completed purchase form is returned.
Our Obligations To You
The voucher will entitle you to a hot air balloon flight experience at date, to be arranged within 12 months of its purchase including:
- A flight in a hot air balloon.
- A glass of Champagne and a commemorative flight certificate.
- The recovery of the balloon at the end of the flight.
- The voucher is not redeemable for cash.
- Hot air balloon flights are completely dependent upon the prevailing weather conditions and are regulated by the Air Navigation Order. It may be necessary to postpone a flight at any time, if in our judgement the conditions are not safe or that the flight would not be permitted under the Air Navigation Order. We will give you as much warning as operational procedures allow of any postponement, but in order to ensure your safety, we reserve the right to postpone a flight at any time up to the moment of launch.
- It is intended that the balloon will be in the air for approximately one hour but the pilot has ultimate responsibility for deciding the duration and conduct of any flight and the approximate time and place of any landing. We cannot guarantee that the flight will follow any particular direction.
- If we have to postpone your flight on 8 or more occasions and your voucher is then valid for a period of less than 2 months we will extend the validity period of your voucher to include the next 6 months.
- We will make you a refund less our reasonable administration costs in the following circumstances:
If you are unable to fly during the validity period of your voucher because you are pregnant we will extend the validity period by 12 months.
Refunds in any other circumstances are at our discretion.
Our administration costs are 25% of the booking fee.
We carry insurance cover against the risk of any injury or damage to passengers and their belongings during the course of our flights in accordance with the international agreements covering air transport. The level of cover varies from time to time as a result of currency fluctuations. Further details are available upon request. We will not be liable for any loss or damage to equipment and effects brought with on the flight, nor for death or personal injury above the level of our insurance cover.
We do not accept liability for any costs or expenses you incur if we have to postpone any flight, where the reason for the postponement is beyond our control.
- If you die through illness, accident, natural causes or it is certified by a doctor that there is
no possibility that you will be or were medically fit to fly
(other than by reason of pregnancy) during the validity period of your voucher.
- If we have agreed in writing all within a specified period of time of not
more than 1 month and we are unable to fly at that time.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS TO US
- Your voucher is valid for a period of 12 months from the date upon which it was bought.If you flight is not taken within that time you will lose the right to participate in a flight unless you have booked flights on 8 occasions, which have had to be postponed, or the validity period of the voucher has been extended for some other reason under these terms and conditions.
- You must contact us within 3 months of the purchase date shown on the voucher, quoting the booking number on the voucher to make a first booking for your flight, which must be for a flight within 9 months of the purchase date. If you do not do so the voucher will be invalid and you will lose the right to a flight. We will not make any refund in these circumstances.
- If payment was not made in full when the voucher was purchased the balance must be paid 10 days before the first date for which you book your flight.
- You must telephone to check that the flight has not been affected by adverse weather conditions in accordance with our instructions.
- You may postpone you flight:
If you do not give notice of postponement in accordance with paragraph 5 above or do not attend in time to take part in your booked flight, you will not be entitled to a rescheduled flight nor to any refund.
We are not qualified to express an opinion confirming that you are fit to fly and you must ensure that you are fit to fly. You must not fly if you are suffering from any serious medical condition, or have recently undergone surgery unless you have a certificate of your fitness to fly from your doctor. You must not fly if you are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Our paramount consideration is your safety and the safety of others participating in the flight and you must obey all requests and instructions issued by any of our representatives and take particular care to abide by any safety instructions given. The pilot has complete discretion as to whether to allow you to take part in the flight and will refuse to allow you to do so if in his opinion you would be a risk to the balloon, to other passengers or to yourself.
We will not fly children under the age of 7 years. A child under the age of 16 years will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult.
You should wear such appropriate clothing as is advised to you in advance of the flight and as further detailed in our brochure or any accompanying literature.
- Up to 36 hours before the meeting time for the flight, which you
have booked if your flight has been booked for a day between Tuesday
and Saturday inclusive.
- Up to 72 hours before the meeting time for a flight for which you
have booked if your flight has been booked for a Sunday or
Monday provided that at the time you do so you reschedule your flight
for a mutually convenient date within 1 month of the proposed flight.